Friday, April 1, 2016

A PWE from the 'Burbs

I've talked ad nauseam about watching the Braves on TBS as a kid and instantly becoming a fan, but did you know that I watched my fair share of Cubs' games on WGN during those same years? I never really considered myself a Cubs fan- but their broadcasts were one more opportunity to watch the game I love.

Fast forward to 2001 and my interest in Cubs baseball picked up a little more. Only this time it wasn't the big league I was watching, but their short-season club in Boise (Northwest League). For the next fourteen seasons the Boise Hawks would be a Cubs affiliate and the locals got to see the likes of Josh Donaldson, Kris Bryant and Kyle Schwarber (among others) pass through. Unfortunately the Cubs ended their affiliation with Boise following the 2014 season and we now have the Rockies in town.

While 2014 saw the end of the Cubs era in Boise, it did mark the beginning of another Cubs-card blog when Tony over at Wrigley Roster Jenga ("Since 2014") joined the community.

I sent Tony some of the Wrigley inserts from 2016 Topps a few weeks ago and in return received (first) a passing grade ("Made the Chop") and then, a short time later, an envelope full of Braves hors d'oeuvre's.





I'm finding myself still hungry for more cards- even after those appetizers, so let's move on to another part of the PWE: the main course...








Thank you, Tony, for the great return on the first of what will hopefully be many trades.



1 comment:

  1. You're quite welcome - I'm glad this PWE was filling. Here's to the start of new trading partnership!

    ReplyDelete