Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Better With Age

My throat is dry; my knees are weak. It's so damned hot, I can't even speak.~ Free's Walk in My Shadow

My interest in Heritage lately has left me like a moonstruck teenage girl- thinking of little else, hobby-wise. Remember those days when you first began dating your wife? Yes, even baseball cards can become an obsession. But you already knew that.

There's something to be said, though, for the originals. And since this year's Heritage set pays homage to Topps' 1967 release, we're going to look at a few from that classic set.

I don't have many '67s to chose from- and the only cards I have from that set are Atlanta Braves. But if I'm going to feature a Brave or two, why not feature Bad Henry- who made his MLB debut 62 years ago today.






Or one featuring 'Bob' Clemente with the Hammer and Dick Allen.




















How 'bout Dick Allen, Hank and Willie Freakin' Mays?




 Is there any doubt that these things get better with age?


Speaking of getting better with age- Mr. Paul Rodgers, vocalist with Free, Bad Company and The Firm, seems to have gotten better with age. The greatest voice in rock joined bad-ass Joe Bonamassa onstage in 2012 to perform Free's Walk in My Shadow from 1968's Tons of Sobs album.






3 comments:

  1. Saw Bad Company when they came through Chicago with Lynyrd Skynyrd a few years ago. Phenomenal show and Paul's voice sounded like it hadn't aged a day.

    Also, yes, vintage cards just get better and better as we go on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Hank is on my most wanted list for sure, very nice. We won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Hank is on my most wanted list for sure, very nice. We won!

    ReplyDelete