Thursday, June 2, 2016

Shhhhaking

It started off innocently enough as a trip to the LCS to pick-up a box or two of 2016 Archives. We had just gotten home from vacation yesterday and I don't have to go back to work until Friday (it was going to be Monday, but that's a different story). Anyway, once I got to the LCS, I saw the $100/box price tag and said 'gimme one.' But right before paying I told the shop owner that I'd take a second box. I'm glad I did because I don't know which of these two came from which box.

The only question now is: auction, or BIN?





9 comments:

  1. It's a heck of a feeling when you hit that kind of pull. I was pretty euphoric when I pulled the Charlie Sheen autograph out of a box of 2015 Archives. I had to sit in my car for a while to collect myself before driving home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I waited until I got home. I might have gotten in an accident had I opened it before leaving.

      Delete
  2. I'd start BIN. But that's me. Leave that wiggle room for BO and see what comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote in favor of keeping it. I don't think you will ever have to worry about it going down in value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have no connection to that autograph and it would be up for auction immediately. But then I'd never buy a box of Archives so that would never happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pull! Congrats! I would probably do a Buy-It-Now, just set it for pretty high and something you'd be extremely happy with. If it doesn't sell, you can always lower it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That's one heck of a pull. I'd definitely flip it... and go out and buy me a bunch of the cheap Fan Favorite autographs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just an update for those who commented- or even care- I sold the card last night on eBay w/ a BIN of $495. Not too bad of a ROI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, congrats! That was a heckuva pull!

      Delete