Friday, January 13, 2017

Countdown to 2017 Topps #19: The Other John Edwards

As I've mentioned previously, it's a winter time like none I've seen before here at Collating Cards headquarters. Trying to keep the snow clear outside (as well as my day job) has this dude a little tired, with not much energy to even think about blogging. I missed #20 on the countdown yesterday, but am making a half-assed attempt here today. We are now 19 days from Series 1.


Can you imagine having the same name as someone famous? Perhaps you can- if so, are there any advantages? Do you really get mistaken for that celebrity? I don't know if there would be any advantages, but I can just imagine the mail one must get from 'haters'.

"Dear Senator (John) Edwards: I can't believe you cheated on your lovely wife. You are scum..."

"Dear Senator Edwards: That you knowingly obtained and used contributions to conceal your mistress and the child you had together reveals the kind of man you are. Never before have I been so disgusted with a politician- or another human being, for that matter. I hope the jury shows no mercy."





Do you supposed former catcher John Edwards ever gets hate mail intended for the two-timing
time Presidential candidate? It's probably unlikely, but you never know.




This John Edwards was a three-time All-Star and two-time Gold Glove award winner behind the plate while a member of the Cincinnati Reds. John caught two no-hitters during his career (Jim Maloney-Reds, Ray Washburn-Cardinals) and was involved in a third gem, in which Jim Maloney had pitched 10 no-hit innings before the Mets broke it up in the 11th.


No comments:

Post a Comment