Thursday, February 2, 2017

Celebrating Black History Month with POTUS

I try to keep politics at a minimum here at Collating Cards, usually reserving it for more satirical takes. And with Black History Month beginning yesterday, you knew it wouldn't be long for a stupid comment to come from the mouth of recently elected POTUS Donald J. Trump. Sure enough, he didn't disappoint.


I will never have an opportunity to ask President Trump his thoughts on the contributions African-Americans have made to the great game of baseball, but if I *did*,  I imagine they'd go something like this:



"Darryl Strawberry is an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice. He's mashing homers, driving in runs, stealing bases for the Mets. He'll probably--Hall of Fame. Definitely. Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Jackie Robinson and hundreds of other black Americans have made baseball what it is today. Big impact. Yuuuge.

You know, the Mets--they love me.... " And then he'd go on talking about himself.



Anyway, the Strawberry card is just one of a few SPs I added to my collection recently. Others include:







As a side note, I'm more than a little disappointed that the 2017 Topps Series 1 variations are all the SSP's. I've been trying to get as many of the variations as I can over the past few years but probably will not get any this year, unless the prices are reasonable (or I get lucky and pull some). I'll continue picking up as many as I can and am most interested in the legends.

































Thanks for reading- especially if you're a fan of the President. My disdain for the guy is nothing personal, so please just take it in good humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment