Friday, February 17, 2017

Tired of the Snow? Here's a Snowflake Card For Ya

I hate snow. I certainly didn't like it prior to the winter of 2016-2017 and I sure as hell do not like it afterwards. The area of southwestern Idaho where we live got hit extremely hard with over 3 feet in about 6 weeks. I know, Night Owl is probably chuckling on his limb, but for us that's more than we've had in decades.

You know another thing I hate? The term 'Snowflake'. As in it being used in the pejorative to criticize (first) the hypersensitivity of millennials and now by the alt-right to describe those who oppose President Trump. It's not just this particular word- I can't stand any term used by either the left and the right to denigrate the other. 

Anyway, we're here to talk about cards, so... here's a snowflake for ya.





I was able to abstain from buying any of the holiday boxes from Walmart, but a friend did buy some, and he sent this Kyle Seager my way.




Kyle really had a breakout season in 2016 and I expect him to continue developing into one of the most under appreciated stars in the game. While I consider myself a Seager collector, I don't pick up every card of his (nor any other current player)- only those which grab my interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment