Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Date Night Packs

My wife and I try to make it a point to go out for a date night at least once a month. We would like to do it more often but there is this thing called a budget that always seems to get in the way. Those nights out usually consist of dinner and maybe a movie. It's usually more like dinner and a little shopping.

This past weekend was one such date night. After dinner we decided to make a run to Target to look for a couple of items she was wanting for her craft room (have I mentioned I now have a card room all to myself? We used to split a room). And while we had no such luck looking for her items (we would find them elsewhere), I found a little shelf for my card room and a few cheap packs. YAY!!! Let's look at what kind of junk I added to my trade bait....

2017 Topps Stickers
I wasn't overly impressed with this year's offering from Topps. I really don't know what I was expecting- but at 99 cents per pack my expectations shouldn't have been too high.




Way too many Rays in these two packs. I mean, who collects them? Please, take them off my hands. At least there were a few stickers I can probably offer to team collectors.




2017 Topps Opening Day


More 99 cent packs. I felt like these offered a little more bang for the buck, although there wasn't too much to get excited about here, either.  A Bregman rookie- not bad. I do like the Mascot cards and the backs feature a nice little illustration (I don't remember them featuring that in the past).




A foil Robbie! Too bad I don't chase after parallels- can't get excited about them.




I suppose some wives might not appreciate their husbands picking up cards on a date night, but I've got a gem. Now, if I were to have opened them up on our night out, well, that might have been a different story.


No comments:

Post a Comment