Monday, March 20, 2017

Hometown Hero

In case you missed it two nights ago, Team USA advanced to the next round of the WBC by beating the Dominican Republic team, 6-3. The offensive hero of the night was Giancarlo Stanton, who went 2-4 with a two-run homer, but the talk of the game was the defensive gem by hometown hero Adam Jones, whose over-the-fence catch robbed Baltimore teammate Manny Machado of a homer. This wasn't the only WBC heroics for Jones, whose 8th-inning homer against Venezuela on Wednesday night tied the score 2-2; Team USA would go on to score twice more in the eighth inning to win the game and advance to the showdown against the Dominican.

While I don't PC the Orioles center fielder, I have been wanting his Upper Deck rookie card- and a recent COMC order netted me the high numbered card.

2006 Upper Deck #1181




Another Upper Deck card of the one-time Mariners prospect remains on my wantlist- this one the 2003 Upper Deck Prospect Premieres card #7. If anyone has one and would trade it, please hit me up.


Also, if there are any Jones collectors reading this... I have the following 500 HR Futures Club Medallion out of 2016 Topps Update. It's available for trade- email me at cornellsteven5 at g mail dot com if interested.







No comments:

Post a Comment