Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: #1 It Doesn't Exist


ICYMI, Tony over at Off Hiatus Baseball Cards took the idea of a 30-Day Music Challenge (or whatever it was called) and created a 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge. What it entails is this: there are 30 prompts for songs- or in this case, cards- one for each day of the month, and then the participants write whatever they like. Pretty cool idea, especially for those of us who  struggle from time to time with coming up with original content. Given that you don't necessarily have to post for 30 consecutive days, I decided to take a crack at it.

Deciding on a card for day #1 wasn't easy. The prompt read: a card from the current year with a photo you like. So I thumbed through my 2017 cards only to find nothing really grabbing me. Sure, there are cool photos, but with everything looking the same (action shots or basic pose) there wasn't one that I felt to be really compelling. I have opened up but a couple of packs of Opening Day and haven't pulled any puppy cards or food cards. Something's got to give...

Then it hit me: my custom Felix. And when I say custom Felix, I mean one that doesn't exist , at least in physical form. I created it using the  template on the Topps website. We live in a time when alternative facts and fake news are commonplace in our society, so why the hell not include a fake card.




Let's just call this one an SSSSSP.


No comments:

Post a Comment