Sunday, April 16, 2017

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge #11: Card from the 1970s



The '70s is probably my second least favorite decade (post-War era) for baseball cards. Having been born in 1969, I wasn't around to enjoy the 50s or 60s, but I still prefer the cards from those two decades over the ones from the 70s. I do have to note, however, that I very much enjoy cards from the latter part of the 70s (1976-1979), as that was the time period where I began cutting my teeth on collecting.

So to pick a card from the 1970s, I've got to go with something from that time period and the card I've chosen is...

1979 Topps #30 Dave Winfield



There's so much to like about this card- so much that screams "'70s". The razor-sharp sideburns, the flapless helmet, that brown and gold uniform (second to only the Astros tequila sunrise for '70s greatness).


Thanks for taking time to read this Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I'm not the only guy who loves those bright Astros jerseys from the mid 70's to the mid 80's.

    ReplyDelete