Monday, April 17, 2017

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge #12: Card from the 1980s




I had a specific card in mind for today's post but changed my mind after discovering the one I settled on.

The card I was going to feature is an oddball card (1981 Seattle Mariners Police card) of a player who provided us with a humorous on-the-field moment in May of 1981. Instead, I found something even better while searching to see how many cards were made of Lenny Randle while a member of the Mariners.










I don't own the '87 ProCards that depicts Randle reenacting his bizarre moment, but I would probably pick it up if I were able to locate one. I searched eBay and COMC, with no success- so maybe I'll have to go to my eBay search settings and make it so that I will be notified should one come up for sale.

If you don't know the context for the photo on the card, here ya go...






2 comments:

  1. Usually minor league cards were sold as team sets [they weren't usually broken down to be sold as singles] - there are a couple of 1987 ProCards Waterloo Indians sets f/s on eBay for $6.95 shipped and $7.50 shipped.

    That might be too much to pay just to get one card, but if you really want a Randle, buying a set could be the only option at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a super awesome card! Never knew about it before today.

    ReplyDelete