Sunday, April 23, 2017

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge #17- Card from First Hand Collated Set

Today's prompt is very similar to day #3, which called for a card from the first set you tried to complete. Well, the first set I tried to complete also happens to be the first set I completed by hand-collation, so we're going back to 1991 Fleer Ultra.




While not my favorite card from the set, I do appreciate early cards of Omar. It still amazes me that should he make the Hall of Fame (which I believe he will), you will have had two HOFers make their MLB debut on the same day, in the same game. The other being The Kid, whose debut came in the same game as Omar's (April 3, 1989).

There's a little trivia to stick in your back pocket.

1 comment:

  1. That's a fantastic card of Omar. I'm definitely pulling for him to make it into Cooperstown.

    ReplyDelete