Sunday, April 9, 2017

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge #6: The Wizard



There seems to be a number of collectors out there who will not spend more than ten bucks on a card. Or, at the very least, they won't spend more than a few bucks on a modern card. I happen to be one of those who don't mind spending money on something I want. I'm on a limited budget, so I tend to try to spend as little as possible on a given piece of cardboard and I'll often save the more expensive cards for Christmas or birthday wish lists. That's a great way to get those $50+ cards.




Today's card in the baseball card challenge- one that 'you spent more than $10 to get'- wasn't one of those high-dollar Christmas gifts. As a matter of fact, I don't remember what I spent on it, but I know it was more than ten bucks. Fifteen dollars, maybe. After buying a 1979 Topps starter set, this rookie card of The Wizard was the only 'money' card that I needed to buy; all others on my want list are relatively cheap.



1 comment:

  1. Love seeing The Wizard with those lamb chops!

    ReplyDelete