Monday, May 15, 2017

30-Day Baseball Card Challenge #27: Favorite Oddball from the 90s



I'm posting this a day late, I suppose. No, this card doesn't have anything to do with my mother, but rather my other 'mother figure'- my grandmother. You see, my mother was just finishing college when I was born and soon went into the workforce. Thus, for the first two or so years of my life, my grandmother took care of me during the day. And for the rest of her life, I always felt a really close bond to my grandmother.




I wouldn't call this card my favorite oddball from the '90s; instead, I'd call it a favorite. That's because my grandmother, later in life, became a die-hard Mariners fan and her favorite player was 'Little' Joey Cora. I've often thought about starting a Joey Cora PC in her honor.  Odds are I won't, but I do have a number of other Cora cards that remind me of her.




I'll also mention that when it comes to the cola wars, I'm a Pepsi guy. I don't drink that much of the soft drink, but when I do, I prefer Pepsi over Coke. And I certainly won't pass up any Pepsi set.


2 comments:

  1. I too have always been a Pepsi guy - it tastes just a little bit sweeter and that's what I want from my cola. I've never seen this set though; any baseball card tie-in with Pepsi is something I'm going to have to keep an eye out for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a Coke guy when it comes to cola and lemon-lime drinks... but I do prefer Mug Root Beer over Barq's and Mountain Dew over Mello Yello.

    ReplyDelete