Wednesday, May 24, 2017

96








I've often struggled in finding the right thing to say. Just two nights ago I spoke to my next door neighbor for the first time since his wife passed away two weeks ago. It was an unexpected death- cancer, that had been detected only five weeks earlier. I gave my condolences, told him if he needing anything, to please let us know. I mainly just listened. Pretty much what I did when he told me three weeks ago that she had inoperable cancer. What do you say when someone tells you they or, in this case, their spouse is facing an imminent death. I've found that, for me, a heavy heart usually means even fewer words than I normally speak. For the record, I'm usually a pretty quiet guy.


One of the things I like to do when I'm sad and at a loss for words is to plug in my guitar. I find it easier to articulate my feelings through notes rather than words. Unfortunately I cannot do that here, so I'll just post these photos of the three most recent additions to my Cortez Kennedy collection.













A Hall of Fame talent- literally- but from what everyone who knew him says, Cortez Kennedy was an even better human. RIP, Tez.

                        

No comments:

Post a Comment