Saturday, August 5, 2017

It's So Easley

See me hit you, you fall down... ~ Guns 'n Roses It's So Easy

This is the second (or third) year in a row that my wife hasn't gotten me any cards for my birthday. I guess that's what happens when you have needs, rather than just things you want. But that's okay, because I got a 1989 Score Young Super Stars card of The Kid in the mail today, am going to my favorite restaurant tonight (Olive Garden- Tours of Italy will be destroyed, with wine to wash it down) and the NFL Class of 2017 will induct a Seahawks great (and one of my favorite players as a kid) into the Hall of Fame tonight.






















Aging isn't easy. As I recently lamented, the mind isn't as sharp as it used to be, but there are certain memories that seem to be indelibly stamped into the brain. Some of the most fond memories I can recall took place in the year 1987, the year I graduated high school. It was also the end of one-hard hitting era (Kenny Easley's final season), and the beginning of another hard-hitting era (Guns n' Roses debut album released in July of that year).





A lot has happened in those last thirty years. Marriage, children, career. And while many things have changed during that time period, a couple things remain the same: my love for the Seahawks (especially heavy hitters, like Kenny!) and my love for hard rock music (and heavy hitters like GnR).




It's been a long time for Kenny Easley to wait for his induction, but it was well deserved and, hopefully, well worth the wait for him. Congratulations, Enforcer. The 12's will be watching tonight.



So damn easy.





1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! You've got a great collection of Easleys. I loved watching him hit people back in the day. Go Hawks!

    ReplyDelete