Friday, September 15, 2017

Mule Time


I used to go to just about every rock concert that hit Boise between 1984 and 1992, but have been to less than a dozen since those glory years. Tonight marks the second since July- and will be the second time I've seen Gov't Mule live (the first coming in Portland four years ago). To say that I'm excited is an understatement and I thought I'd share some of the excitement by showing off something of theirs I added to my collection recently.




This awesome signed copy of the band's most recent CD came via Newbury Comics. The band's twitter account announced that there was limited signed copies available through the music store. I immediately got online and snagged one for about $16 or so- which is a great deal considering I got the signed  CD cover, along with the delux CD (which had the  alternative cover).

I know guys who have every ticket and every T-shirt from every concert they've attended. I only wish I had kept a piece of history like that- I did for awhile but then threw them away- but I do have the ticket from Mule's gig at the Roseland Theater in October of '13. Unfortunately, tonight's ticket was printed off the computer and just isn't the same as the 'old school style' ones.





I'll leave you with Thorns of Life- my favorite song off the new album.





No comments:

Post a Comment