Monday, July 5, 2010

Congratulations Mr. All Star 2nd Baseman!


Great news today as 5 Atlanta Braves players were named to the 2010 N.L. All-Star team! Included in that bunch was Martin Prado, who just happens to be the subject of this entry. I just recently bought Photoshop 8, and have been messin' around with it this week, trying my hand at some card creations. The first one I'll put up comes from the '82 Topps set. I chose this particular set because of the sweet baby blues that the Bravos wore April 15 against the San Diego Padres; love those old uni's, so I decided to give it a whirl... The font is something I'll need to work on, as it didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but all-in-all, I'm pleased with it for being one of my first cards.

2 comments:

  1. Cool Steve! I might have to give you some projects. How about a 1983 and 1986 Topps Angels Team card featuring Nolan Ryan being mobbed by the team in celebration of a World Championship? Could have been if the Angels kept him, oh well, I won't ask you to revise history for my sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to say 1987, as the 1983 and 1987 team cards would feature a picture from the previous year. Oh well, will give up on that now and focus on the Angels winning it all this year beginning with a Texas sweep this weekend.

    ReplyDelete