Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Topps Nestle Chipper Jones



The copyright on the back of this card shows 2001, but the statistic bars show Chipper's 2001 lines, so it was released either in late 2001 or 2002. I actually pulled this out of a box of Nestle Ice Cream bars, and was thrilled to get it (even with the creases).
Remember all the talk about how to get kids back into the hobby (which I believe is critical to the future of the hobby)? Well, one way to do that is by getting cards back into cereal, ice cream, frozen pizza, etc. Are you listening, Topps?


3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog via Night Owl's blogroll. I look forward to reading more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss those Topps Post cereal cards, the old Tombstone Pizza or even the French's mustard cards! I love the odd-ball type cards - licensed or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the Moo-Town Snackers! Thank God I liked string cheese.

    ReplyDelete