Friday, April 8, 2011

Home Opener Win, Chipper Gets #2500


What a glorious day! Despite finding themselves down 3-0 to the Phillies, the Braves fought back for a 6-3 win on Opening Night at the Ted. More importantly, Chipper Jones singled in the bottom of the 6th for his 2500th career hit. Earlier in the evening, Chip drove a ball deep to center to plate 3 and put the Braves ahead for good, 6-3. I have to admit, last summer after his season-ending knee injury, I stated on this blog that I thought he wouldn't be able to come back from such an injury at his age- and I'm glad to eat crow.

Congratulations on the Milestone, Chipper- it's good to have you back!

1 comment:

  1. I've got TN1 & 100,365, 399, & 455. A few were already claimed. Send me an email at derekhill1 at gmail.com

    I'm looking for current brave stuff especially any Prado's I don't have or stuff I can use for future trade bait. Thanks,
    Derek

    ReplyDelete