Monday, January 9, 2012

The New Miami Marlins


I have a mansion, forgot the price. Ain't never been there, they tell me it's nice. I live in hotels, tear out the walls. I have accountants pay for it all....I go to parties sometimes until four. It's hard to leave when you can't find the door. It's tough to handle this fortune and fame-everybody's so different I haven't changed. ~ Joe Walsh  "Life's Been Good"

Miami Herald columnist Dan Le Batard has an excellent piece in today's Herald on how the club has taken on the identity of the city: reckless, flashy, fast, and loose. Think night-clubs, rock-stars, million-dollar mansions, yeah-that's what he's talkin' about!

3 comments:

  1. Now all they need is a fan base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be tough in that environment. Big risk by management. It will be interesting to see the state of the franchise in-oh, say four or five years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be interesting to see if they can get fans there consistantly. This is a big risk by the Marlins, but they did refuse to give no-trade clauses so they will be able to flip them and really build up their farm system if this doesn't work out.

    ReplyDelete