Monday, April 9, 2012

Let the Cyber Riot Begin

 Starting out the season 0-3 wasn't the end of the world. I've even heard some baseball pundits claim that the Mets will be a good team this year, so that eased a little of the pain and embarrassment. So going into Houston for the opening game of the series, those of us who are Braves fans felt pretty confident that this ship would get righted. Wrong. On a night which celebrated the anniversary of the first baseball game in a dome (Yankees-Astros exhibition at the Astrodome, in 1965), I could swear that I was watching the team who played at the Astrodome in 1977. Yes, that's right-the Bad News Braves in Breaking Training. Is is possible to have a 'cyber riot'? Let the burning, looting, and car-tipping begin!

  Juan Francisco can't field (3 errors), Beachy still can't make the pitches he needs to get deep into a game-efficiency is not part of his vocabulary, Livan and Durbin  have looked like bleep thus far, and Frediot still can't manage. Oh- and the last time this team started the season 0-4 was 1988, when they lost their first ten and went on to a 54-106 record. What'dya think:
Has a nice ring, no?






  At least we have 1995.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, my Astros team is a beast... on pace for a 121-42 season!!!!

    Seriously though, you guys have the talent, I wouldn't be surprised to see you take the last two of this series to end the road trip on a good note. Weiland is young and Wandy isn't very good. You'll be alright.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you jinxed your team. It's going to be weird when they go to A.L. next season. Would have preferred to see Arizona move.

      Delete
  2. I was so excited about the start of the season. I took off last Thursday to watch the first game against the Mets. I only peeked into the games over the weekend and last night and once I saw they were losing yet again I went on about my day.

    I'm not saying I won't watch unless they win, but it's hard to sit down and watch a full game. The wife usually has me helping out a lot and we've got 2 little girls that command a lot of my attention.

    That said I do look forward to the guys getting their act together for that first win of the season. Both the Yankees and Red Sox won last night so the heat is on. I can't wait for Chipper and Hudson to make their return to the starting lineup. It can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah- I have to make sure that I don't let all my time in the evening get consumed with watching the games. I subscribed to MLB's computer package, but really enjoy listening to the games-especially when I'm working outside. Missed out on a lot of the games from about '01-'09 as the kids were younger and we were homeschooling at the time (and helping my wife, it took up most of my spare time)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete