Sunday, May 27, 2012

Topps Archives Jumbo Packs, Retail Packs, and Blaster Breaks, Pt. 2


  As I mentioned yesterday, with the family out of town and a long weekend in front of me, I made the trek to Target and purchased some of the wildly popular Topps Archives product. Here's what I pulled out of the blaster...

Pack 1
Stephen Strasburg
Brandon Beachy!
Drew Storen
Classic Combos: Dodgers Dominance/Kemp & Robinson
Gary Carter-'77 Reprint
Mark Trumbo
Ian Kennedy
Chris Young

Pack 2
Heath Bell
Asdrubal Cabrera
B.J. Upton
Ervin Santana
Orlando Cepeda- Topps Deckle  Oh, yeah! Was just about to buy one off of eBay, now I won't need to.
Ian Kinsler
Brandon Phillips
Justin Upton- don't know if I've ever pulled a pair of brothers in the same pack.

Pack 3
Elvis Andrus
Adam Lind
Wade Boggs
Josh Hamilton- Gold Rainbow Foil
Robin Ventura- SP
Jacoby Ellsbury
Derek Holland
Gio Gonzalez

Pack 4
Matt Harrison
Ike Davis
Yogi Berra
Billy Butler
Derek Jeter- Sticker
Paul Goldschmidt
CC Sabathia
Jesus Montero

Pack 5
Justin Morneau
Jaime Garcia
Nyjer Morgan
David Ortiz
Willie Mays- Reprint
Todd Helton
Chase Utley
Yunel Escobar

Pack 6
Josh Hamilton- third Hamilton card
Cal Ripken, Jr.
Anibal Sanchez- I've got to say- as much as I hate the new Marlin uni's, they work well on the '71 
design
Howie Kendrick
CC Sabathia- 3D
Roy Halladay
Alex Avila
Michael Pineda

Pack 7
Brad Peacock
Drew Pomeranz
Johan Santana
R.A. Dickey
Ed Kranepool-SP
Martin Prado!
Yoenis Cespedes
Yu Darvish

Pack 8
Brandon Morrow
Matt Moore
Jordan Zimmerman
Tori Hunter
Kevin Youkilis- '77 Cloth  Just as the real Youk is reportedly on the block, so too is this Youk
Casey Kotchman
Joe Morgan
Adrian Beltre

Final Talley
101 cards towards the 200 card base set, 11 Doubles.
SPs #201-241: 5 (McBride, Van Slyke, Blue, Kranpool, Ventura)
 
Inserts: 2 3D cards (Mays, Sabathia), 2 Cloth Sticker cards (Hamilton, Youkilis), 1-67Stickers (Jeter), 2 Deckle Edge (Cepeda, Killebrew), 2 Classic Combos, 2 Gold Rainbow Foil, and 3 Reprints (McCovey, Mays, Carter)

  Needing another 99 cards to finish the 200 card base set has me rethinking putting the set together. I might look for a lot on eBay to try to finish it. I could see myself buying another couple of blasters and still not finishing the set, so I will wait and see on this one. 

All SPs and Inserts (except the Cepeda) are up for trade. Let me know if you're interested. There's three cards I am looking for-all are included in the SPs: Ron Gant, Terry Pendleton, and Sid Bream.



5 comments:

  1. I'm working on the set too after getting the majority of it from just a blaster and a bunch of rack packs and singles. Perhaps we can help each other out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still only planning on completing the first 200 cards in the base set (as you mentioned on your post)? My doubles are as follows: 23, 30, 64,72, 81, 115, 124, 133, 166, 170,and 182.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll help you out for those Hamilton inserts.

    ReplyDelete