Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bobby Cox: Yankees Signature Series auto

  Some time back I decided that I would like to obtain an autograph of every member of the Braves' 1995 World Series team. One of the difficulties in doing so is that I'm very picky when it comes to autographs. I'm not so concerned about what the signature is on, as I am of the item's authenticity. And because of that, I've been trying to stick to the various card releases which include signed cardboard. 

  One signature that has eluded me has been former Braves skipper Bobby Cox. I've seen plenty of them on eBay, mostly photos or baseballs, but not many which were made available from the card companies. That's why I was thrilled when this Yankee Signature Series card became available recently. 
  
 Now, believe me, I had a hard time pulling the trigger on this one. We're talking about a card showing Cox as a Yankee. But, where else am I going to find an auto of #6 for only $10? Well, I could probably find one, but it would be one which the signature is in question.

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet. I might have to try to pick that one up as well.

    ReplyDelete