Sunday, September 30, 2012

Home! Sweet Home

"Home! Home! Sweet, sweet home! There's no place like home, there's no place like home. 'Mid pleasures and palaces, though I may roam. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home...To thee, I'll return, overburdened with care. The heart's dearest solace, will smile on me there."~ John Howard Payne

  The Natural faces the team he owns, the New York Mets, today for the final time in his storied career. Against the Mets, Chipper is hitting .308 (264-856), with 49 homers and 159 RBI. Though he is 0-8 this series, I'm predicting a big day for #10. He's provided plenty of memorable moments this season, and I can see yet another one coming. I'm calling it- he will hit the final home run of his career today. It seems to be the perfect bookend to his career: his first home run came on May 9, 1995 against the Mets-beating them with the 9th inning homer.




No comments:

Post a Comment