Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tom Glavine Rookie Card...Ticket?

  I've never been one to collect tickets to sporting events or concerts. Well, back in the day I did. In my teens and early twenties I attended many concerts-of which I held on to the tickets. At some point, though, I got rid of them (and the tickets to sporting events from my childhood). However, I recently began picking up a few tickets off of eBay-namely, ones from Chipper Jones' final season.

  One ticket I recently purchased was this Braves/Nationals ticket from October 4, 2009. There wasn't anything significant as far as the game goes, but rather I found it unique because of the reproduction of the '88 Topps Tom Glavine rookie card. For $1.99, I couldn't pass it up.
  
  This now has me curious about any other similar tickets that may have been issued. I don't know if the team would print any with cards from the Milwaukee days, but I would love to find one with the Aaron or Niekro reprint. 

  Anyone else out there collect tickets? What's your most prized one?

 

2 comments:

  1. I do. I have a bunch of Montomery Biscuits and Auburn Tigers tickets (relatively nearby teams). One of the coolest ticket treasures I have is a bunch of old high school football tickets and pocket schedules from a local high school team...I found them at a thrift store and they're all from the '50s or '60s. Kinda neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the 50s & 60s- nice! I really like stuff from that era, especially game programs with advertising.

    ReplyDelete