Thursday, February 21, 2013

2013 Chops Series 1 Checklist

I'm no golfer. In fact, I could probably count the number of times I've golfed using my hands and feet. Scratch that- hands.

And while I'm not a fan of the game, I will- for this time only- borrow a term from the game: mulligan.

As in do-over.

Or, second-chance.




A few months ago I began working on the design for the 2013 Chops Braves base team set, and even made the first few cards of the series. However, I soon grew discontent. My creation was beginning to look like something Pro Set would have made, had they made baseball cards 'back in the day.' I decided that would not do, so I went back to the drawing board.

I'm much happier with the finished product. The most difficult choice to make with this was simply which color to use as a border. After trying an assortment of colors, I settled on this one which matches (I believe) the 2001 Topps set. That set contained the Ichiro and Pujols rookies- and it's one which I think years from now we will look back on and use the 'I' word (iconic). The borders help to set it apart from anything else they've done, and that was the intent on my original.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good...keep up the awesome work! BTW, love the old school logo in the bottom right corner.

    ReplyDelete