Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Blues-Kind of Night



It's a blues-kind of night.

I was too busy at work today to pay much attention to the first few innings of the Braves/Mets game. As I sat down to enjoy lunch, I turned the game on- only minutes before seeing Jason Heyward get hit in the face. Jaw fractured in two places, they say. Out 4-6 weeks.

Not only will the team miss his bat going down the stretch (he's been their best hitter since the beginning of June), but ESPN Stats & Info tweeted this afternoon that the J-Hey kid also has 64 Defensive Runs Saved in RF since 2010, with no other fielder even saving 40 in that time period.


Yeah, I'd say it's a blues-kind of night; and here's some of the best blues for your ears. Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule covering Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind"

No comments:

Post a Comment