Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mailbox Monday

There's nothing like coming home to multiple pwe's in the mail, especially after having been sick the past two-plus days. They certainly made my evening a little more colorful, after two days that have been otherwise pretty drab.


2013 Bowman Top 100 Prospects #BTP-54 Julio Teheran

Had this set come out prior to the 2012 season, Teheran would have ranked much higher on this list/set. A poor season last year dropped him down on the Baseball America (as well as other) rankings, but Julio has come back with a vengeance this season. Right now, he would be my choice for the first game of a playoff series.













2013 Topps #TM-70 Justin Upton


Mini's, to me, are pretty much forgettable- and so it was with this set. I thought I had all of the Braves from the second series. I thought wrong.














2013 Allen & Ginter Across the Years #ATY-BJU BJ Upton

Speaking of forgettable, Bossman's season certainly is one to forget. The back does inform us that Joe Strummer of The Clash shares the same birthday with Upton. So that's cool, I guess.




2013 Topps #110 (SP) Justin Upton

One of the problems with Topps recycling photos time and time again is that, yes- you lose track of which cards you have. And in case you haven't noticed, Topps has gotten a lot of use out of the same photo of Justin (as well as older brother B.J/see mini card above.); in fact, it wasn't until I reorganized my binders that I discovered that JUp doesn't have a card as a Brave in the first two series- with the exception of this SP. What? Surely I've seen one- yes, as an Opening Day release and in the Atlanta retail team set, but not in the regular issued cards. Does that mean that he will be included in the Update set? Hopefully- but in the meantime, I did pick this thing up for $4.99 delivered. Don't like the gimmick, but decided to get it at the cheapest price possible in case he's not in the update set.







No comments:

Post a Comment