Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fearless: An Attribute of a Leader

I've got to admit, when it comes to collecting, Brian McCann has never ranked as one of my favorite Braves. I've tried to keep the players I collect to a minimum, and BMac, for whatever reason, has never been one of those guys. And now, as we are getting closer to the end of what is expected to be his final season in his hometown, I'm looking to pick up more cards of the seven-time all-star catcher.

2013 Panini Prizm 'Fearless' #F15 Brian McCann


I recently spotted one of these beauties on eBay, and was immediately drawn to it because of the nice, large photo of McCann, the card design, and the colors on the bottom third of the card. So as I began searching for others like it (I didn't like the shipping cost on the first auction), I came across an auction for not one, not two- but THREE cards with an opening bid of 99 cents. Fully expecting to be outbid, I nevertheless threw in my minimum bid and ended up with the lone bid.





We have all seen the highlights of Mac as he stood between third base and home plate in a game against the Brewers earlier this week, confronting Carlos Gomez for his foolish antics both before and after his home run. Say what you will about the incident, but you can't deny that Brian McCann is the heart and soul of this Braves team. He's a leader, and he has demonstrated that throughout his career. That particular evening, he defended his pitcher and his home-town team, showing why he is such a well-respected teammate.

No comments:

Post a Comment