Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Useful Things

While I'm perfectly content picking up cards of my favorite team via ebay, COMC or card shows, there's a part of me that would like to start opening boxes just for the opportunity to trade with fellow collectors/bloggers (and, I must admit, it is exciting to do!). But, if I'm perfectly honest with myself...I know that doing so would create stacks (well, okay- boxes) of stuff that I would probably never get around to mailing. And so I figure, 'why spend my money on stuff I don't want, when I can buy stuff I do want!'

That being said, every now and then I will come across something that I know a fellow collector would like and so I send something off to him- and they always return the favor.

I received a package Monday from Night Owl, whom I had recently sent a couple of envelopes to- including a card of some rookie sensation, whose name escapes me. Anyway, Greg sent a note along with the cards which read, "I hope there's something useful here." Let's take a look, shall we?


MINI 2011 Allen & Ginter #198 Freddie Freeman (RC) *and an A&G Back, to boot!


Can I use it? Yes, I can!



1996 Leaf #28 Chipper Jones

Can I use it? Oui



2013 Topps Mini ('72) #TM-100 Eddie Mathews

Can I use it? da!


2001 Topps Chrome Through the Years #270 Warren Spahn

Can I use it? ja!



2002 Topps Gallery #135 Rafael Furcal

Can I use it? si`



1975 Topps #9 Frank Tepedino

Can I use it? si`!



1986 Donruss Highlights #41 Dale Murphy

Can I use it? Gosh, yes.

Along with these welcomed additions to my collection, the Night Owl also included eight other cards which I already have, but will go into the Braves doubles box.

Thanks again for the great cards, Owl!

1 comment: