Thursday, November 14, 2013

New Product Checklist: The 2013 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Braves

I've been back in the hobby for nearly five years now, and I think I'm at the point where I'm no longer confused by Bowman's Draft Picks & Prospects sets. You know, it's the one where some of the cards are numbered in a normal manner, while others feature the prefix BDPP before their digits. Of course, my confusion may have been clarified after combing through the set checklist so that I might produce this Braves team set checklist. Give me about 8 months & we'll see if it's still all that clear.



2013 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects
Base:
37 Evan Gattis (RC)
39 Alex Wood (RC)

Draft Picks:
BDPP48 Carlos Salazar
BDPP65 Ian Stiffler
BDPP71 Dylan Manwaring
BDPP75 Ian Hagenmiller
BDPP79 Alec Grosser
BDPP82 Joseph Odom
BDPP101 Tyler Brosius
BDPP102 Tyler Vail
BDPP109 Conner Oliver
BDPP116 Orrin Sears
BDPP121 Reed Harper

   Candidate for "Card of the Year" Title

I've got to say that I'm disappointed that Topps didn't include Jason Hursh, Victor Caratini, or Kyle Wren in this product. The first two players have cards in Leaf & Panini Prism Draft, respectively, so they might be exclusives- but Wren was unbelievable in his first taste of pro ball, and as far as I know, is not included in any 2013 product.

Blue Sapphire Best Bowman Players of All-Time (#/25)
Andruw Jones

Bowman Scouts Breakouts
BSB-BD  Brandon Drury~ um...he hasn't been with the Braves since last winter (the Upton trade)





Futures Game Relics
FGR-CB  Christian Bethancourt




Faces of the Franchise
FF=JT  Julio Teheran


2 comments:

  1. if you think you understand Bowman, you're mistaken. There is no understanding Bowman. Bowman Chrome. Bowman Chrome Update. Bowman Draft Picks. Bowman has Bowman Chrome cards, but is not Bowman Chrome. Bowman Draft Picks has chrome cards that are not Bowman Chrome. Bowman Draft Picks has cards that are not draft picks, but are not Bowman.

    ReplyDelete