Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Attitude Adjustment

"You got yourself a load of trouble now, you got yourself a bad deal. You say I've got a bad attitude, well, how do you think I feel? Don't want a number, I've got a name. Take a look at my face. You talk about a bad attitude, things have got to change."~ Deep Purple's  Bad Attitude

I found myself having to apologize to a co-worker today for my bad attitude. It's been coming on for awhile now, and he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when I finally erupted this morning. And so shortly afterwards, I decided that I needed an attitude adjustment. Yep- I left work a little early today and went to Target, looking for 2014 Series 1. I walked out with three rack packs.

I know- the whole thing sounds like the beginning of a very bad joke, "A guy who Topps drives crazy walks into a Target store..."  Bad Joke- or paradox?


FIRST CARD OF 2014:
Kolten Wong-RC

A Cardinal. Of course. I guess it could have been a Yank, Phil, or Dodger.

Three cards later...


FIRST BRAVE OF 2014:
Julio Teheran

Huh- What?! A Future Star? Yessss!

FIRST PARALLEL:
Red Sparkle Jose Bautista

Yawn. Next


FIRST RIC FLAIR 'WOOOOOO!' MOMENT:

I don't open packs very often, but when I do... Actually, this was a glorious moment for this collector. Don't get to pull an insert Maddux very often- especially a Die-Cut. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!



I'll save some of the other highlights for later, but if you aren't convinced that this attitude adjustment worked, then I'll leave you with this...

 
I'll be going back to work tomorrow, the happiest guy in the joint.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment