Monday, February 10, 2014

Murphy Monday: Four Three-and-a-Half by Five

It's been a while since I've added any Dale Murphy's to my collection, so I set off on a journey recently to try and fix that problem. A perusal of eBay pulled up a listing for a lot of four  3.5" x 5" Donruss cards from the early-mid '80s with an opening bid of 99c.

Apparently I'm the only Murphy collector whose collection didn't include these- thankfully- and I ended up winning the auction without another bid. And with a recent purchase of binder sheets designed for post-cards, they will fit nicely into my binder!



Panini needs to revive the "Donruss Champions" theme on standard-sized cardboard. I wouldn't mind the 1984 design on the right, either.






 One design I wouldn't want to see Panini bring back:


No comments:

Post a Comment