Monday, May 12, 2014

Trade with Night Owl: I Must Be Cray Cray

I really have no excuse for waiting so long to post about a trade I initiated with the Night Owl towards the end of March. Oh, wait- maybe it's because I'm out of my mind. Why else would I be willing to trade, like, 50-something 1982 Topps cards for a single Simba?





Greg had tweeted a photo of this glorious, shiny-chromey Purple Andrelton Simmons card- causing me to have a momentary lapse of reason in which I threw out the trade offer. "A glazed look and I was on the road to ruin; and without a thought of the consequence, I gave into my decadence"- as the Pink Floyd song One Slip goes.


Actually, I broke up that set (along with a few others) a couple of years ago and have been using them as trade bait. So I was thrilled to help a brother out in finishing a set. Simba is my favorite current Brave and is a nice addition to my collection.




But wait...there's more!

Greg also added a few throw-ins to balance the scale:

Surely you know of Owl's love for '75 minis, so to receive one from him...Truly an honor.

















Two more Heritage cards.




As you might remember, Greg had waited and waited and waited for Heritage to arrive in his local box stores. I'm glad they finally arrived. Thanks for the trade, Greg!









1 comment: