Saturday, June 7, 2014

Trade with Brad's Blog

We all know the reputation that Phillies fans (and Philadelphia sports fans, in general) have as being unruly, mean and the worst in pro sports, so you can understand why I, being a Braves fan, would be hesitant about approaching Brad over at Brad's Blog with a trade offer. But that's exactly what I did when I noticed he had a card on his trade bait list that I had an interest in acquiring. It turned out to be the best Atlanta-Phily trade this side of Dale Murphy for Tommy Greene.

I joke, of course about Philly fans, and Brad was very amicable. I had a few Phillies that were burning a hole in my pocket and Brad was very happy to take them off of my hands. In exchange, he sent me the following:


The Heyward 2013 Topps Chasing History Relic was the centerpiece of the deal- the card I had found in Brad's trade bait menu. The Steve Avery Hall of Gold card from 1995 Score was a very pleasant surprise. I had never seen it and I always welcome new Avery's!!




One player included in the trade was Craig Kimbrel- on this 2012 Allen & Ginter's card. Congratulations to Craig on recording his franchise-record 155th save last night against the DiamondBacks. Kimbrel recorded four outs in breaking John Smoltz's record and continues to add to his career accomplishments at a young age. He currently holds the MLB record for lowest ERA (1.41) and strikeout rate (15.14 K/9) among pitchers to have appeared in at least 240 innings. 



Julioooooo! Another dominating performance by Teheran last night- further cementing his place as staff ace and one of the best young pitchers in the game.


Thanks again for the trade, Brad- and especially for not throwing sending me batteries. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment